The company is the oldest electrical wholesaler in Jersey. The business was started in 1949 by the late ex Deputy Clem Challinor and was acquired by Mr John Miller in 1974. The business is now run by his two sons Paul and Mark Miller with Mike Quinn as shop Manager.
The business traded for a number of years at 19 James Street (now known as Funchal Street) St Helier, and moved to family owned premises at 95/97 Halkett Place, St Helier, which is next to the Library in 1995.
The company had previously only supplied to the Trade and Retail Outlets directly.
Following huge success in the emerging Dect and Mobile phone market we decided to open our doors to the public in other areas including TV, HIFI, VIDEO, SMALL APPLIANCES, COOKERS, WASHERS and REFRIDGERATION.
Our mobile phone business made us, by far the largest Independent dealer in the Channel Islands and at one point the second largest in the UK.
Bit by bit the company grew not forgetting one of our greater strengths, our Electrical Contracting side which was also going from strength to strength.
We did a complete shop refit in 2008 and complimented our sales by adding an in house service dept. in 2007.
Our Custom Install side grew as a natural progression to support our electronic retail sales. We now regularly work with Developers, Architects and Designers to provide an excellent service to all with many projects under our belts. We are agents for some of the industry's biggest brands and are trained to install and commission some of the finest multiroom systems on the market today, including custom lighting.
One very important side of our business is that of the Electrical Contracting market which we are extremely active in.
Whilst we do sell some of these products over the counter and on this site we do highly recommend the use of a qualified electrician.
We have a large showroom where most products are on display which our staff will be happy to discuss and demonstrate where appropriate.
Parking is available at the front of our building in Halkett Place.
Reg no 1516 incorperated 31st Jan 1964